Based in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Cooperative arcade game with a retro feeling. Help Pushy and Pully get back their spaceship in their trip across Blockland. Push blocks to defeat the monsters, join blocks of the same colour to get power ups and defeat the bosses to recover the parts of your broken spaceship.
Pushy and Pully are travelling through space when their spaceship breaks. They end up falling into Blockland, a planet full of blocks and monsters. The only way for them to escape is to move from room to room while defeating the monsters, until they find a boss that has a piece of the spaceship. Defeat all the bosses to recover your spaceship and escape Blockland!
- Play solo or with the help of a friend.
- Classic gameplay with enhanced features. Easy to play but hard to master.
- 50 hand crafted levels. 5 end bosses with new mechanics that will challenge you.
- Match-3 mechanic: Join 3 or more blocks of the same color and they'll pop giving you a power up.
- 3 power ups that will help you through the game defeating the monsters easier or giving you more points.
- End the stage by defeating all the enemies before time runs out.
- Defeat more than 1 monster at the same time or pop more than 2 blocks to get extra combo points.
- Hi-Score table and end stage rating. Can you make more points than your friends?
Gameplay Video (Beta) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "1st Place Indie Expo Award, Audience Choice" Devcom, Cologne, 18-19 August 2019
- "Runner-up Best Kid and Family Game at Indie Prize Europe." Casual Connect Europe 2019, London, 28-30 May 2019
- "Top 100 Best Indie Game 2019 at IndieDB" IndieDB Awards 2019
- "Finalist at Indie Prize Europe." GameDaily Connect Europe 2020, London
- "One of the most "catchy" games, we could say, of devcom 2019. Never frustrating, yet justly satisfying as you progress on"
- Lorenzo Mango, Gamesvillage.it
- "To my delight, the Dutch "Resistance Studio" with its party game Pushy and Pully in Blockland took first place. For me, too, the colorful mix of Bomberman and "Connect 3" marked the highlight of this year's Indie Showcase."
- Alice Wilczynski, 4Players.de
- "This game is not only a very well-developed work, but also a game that is much more original than it looks."
- Masanori Tokuoka, Gamesindustry.biz Japan
- "Simple but ingenious"
- MrGruger, MrGruger Twitch Channel
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Blog where you can find the development log. Posts every other week. medium.com.
You can find a pitch presentation here. Press space bar or click on the screen to move to the next slide resistancestudio.com.
About Resistance Studio
Independent Game Studio based in Amsterdam. Our focus is fun arcade family games that are easy to play but hard to master, with visuals appealing to gamers of any age.
More information on Resistance Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Pushy and Pully in Blockland Credits
CEO & Lead Developer, Resistance Studio
Game Designer, Resistance Studio
Jose Ramon Garcia
Music Composer & FX, Resistance Studio
Developer, Resistance Studio